Cross-Chest Shoulder Harness Pattern
Here is the pattern I use to make my cross-chest shoulder harness. It's quite basic, but it produces a classic result. Pattern for straps not included.
Make sure you print them at their original or 100% size. It should fit on regular letter paper.
To make the straps, I recommend making 1/2in belts, with the strap that has the buckle being twice as long as the strap with buckle holes. The strap with the buckle should be in the back, and the buckles holes should be in the front.
Please let me know if you have any questions! I do not provide refunds, but I'm happy to help you in any way I can.
- 5-6oz veg tan leather for the main body (I use Oakleaf veg tan leather from tandyleather.com)
- 1" D-Rings (I get my D-Rings from tandyleather.com)
- Buckle(s) (I use strap buckles from tandyleather.com)
- Metal rivets (make sure they're the right length for the thickness of your leather)
- X-Acto knife or other sharp blade
- Edge beveler
- Hole punch (the size of your rivets)
- Easy Riveter kit (anvil and riveter stick)